How to help translating Din Riksdag
Din Riksdag is currently only available in English but we are working on a Swedish translation. This is a lengthy process so we would really appreciate if you could help! You decide how much time you want to spend, it takes a few minutes to get set up!
The first (optional) step if you're interested is to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get to know you and help you if you have any trouble. You can then read the following guide to get started.
Din Riksdag is based on Decidim which is translated by many individuals on the crowd-translating platform Crowdin. You can find the project here.
- Create an account on Crowdin and click on the button to join the project
- Wait until someone confirms your participation and gives you the rights to edit the translation
- Go to the Swedish translation and select the parent folder named master. In that folder, you can see a list of translation files, divided by module. You can also see the translation progress bar on the right. Just click on one of these files to get started.
You will be presented with a list of bits of text awaiting to be translated or verified. Most of the translations that haven't been verified are provided by Google Translate and are poor at best.
- If there is no translation provided, you can add one and save it.
- If there is a translation and you are certain that it is correct, you can confirm it by clicking on the checkbox
- If you think that it is incorrect, you can edit it and click on save. If you are certain of your new proposition, you can approve it at the same time.
- If you have a doubt about a translation that you or someone else wrote, you can just leave it without confirmation and another person will take care of it. You can also write a comment on the right of the page.
Eventually, we want to translate the whole platform in Swedish. But some parts of it have a higher priority than others. Below is an order in which the translation should preferentially be carried out:
- Assemblies, Participatory processes, Verifications
- Comments, Debates, Proposals, Surveys, Meetings, Pages
- Budgets, Accountability, Sortitions
- Admin, System, Dev
Thanks a lot for helping, don't forget to send an e-mail so that we can properly thank you and add your name/pseudonym to the list of contributors!